Congratulations on your new smile! Now that your braces are off, it’s very important to keep the smile you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
- Dr. Taylor recommends life-time retainer wear; if retainers are not worn as instructed, the teeth will move.
- Retainers should be worn full-time for the first year, especially while sleeping. After the first year, you will be evaluated for night-time wear.
- Avoid placing retainers near heat. It can cause them to deform and not fit properly.
- Keep retainers out of reach of younger siblings and any pets.
- Always use a retainer case when retainers are not being worn to prevent damage or loss. There may be a charge for replacements.
- If your retainer becomes lost or damaged, please call our office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.